Thursday, August 11, 2011

Being a Knowledgeable Believer

"My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge..." Hosea 4:6

This occurred July 7, 2011:

This evening two people came to my door to witness to me about "God the mother". I don't know if any of you have ever had someone approach you about this but this is the second time it's happened to me. Of course I asked them to show me specific scriptures that proved their point. They showed me two scriptures, but neither explicitly related to "God the mother." The premise is that there is God the Father which we all as Christians acknowledge, but there is also "God the mother" that most of us are unaware of. For the record I do not agree with this premise. (I found out later through some research that the organization they represented is actually classified as a cult.)

Never once did they ask me if I was saved. Salvation must always be step one. We don't know when Jesus is returning and the salvation of someone's soul (see Romans 10:9-10 for how to be saved) is more important than whether they know of "God the mother". Also, their pamphlet only promoted receiving the "heavenly mother", but salvation comes ONLY through Jesus Christ (John 14:6).

I encourage you to get educated and stay educated! We must know the Word of God so that we will not be deceived. Jesus said in Matthew 24:4 "Be careful that no one misleads you [deceiving and leading you into error]." We saw an attempt at deception with the recent Judgement Day "prophecy". Sadly, in response to that "prophecy" I overheard a young lady ask if it was safe for her to go on her vacation that weekend. Those of us who know the Bible know that Matthew 24:36 says "...of that [exact] day and hour no one knows, not even angels of heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father."

If your church has Bible Study please attend. If not please visit another church's Bible Study or study on your own. There is a wonderful website called Biblegateway.com that has every translation of the Bible imaginable. It is a great resource for those who need a more understandable version or who want to study more deeply. (I have found the Amplified translation very helpful.) The time you put into studying the Word of God is invaluable. You will not only gain knowledge, but you will also gain discernment and you will begin to hear from God more clearly because you will know His voice. The more we hear from God the more successful and victorious we will be in life.

Finally, remember this: "Beloved, do not put faith in every spirit, but prove (test) the spirits to discover whether they proceed from God; for many false prophets have gone forth into the world. By this you may know (perceive and recognize) the Spirit of God; every spirit which acknowledges [the fact] that Jesus Christ (the Messiah) [actually] has become man and has come in the flesh is of God [has God for its source]" I John4:1-2

No comments:

Post a Comment